My journey to becoming a healthier, happier me and if I find my self along the way ...well that's cool too!
Tuesday, February 5, 2013
Farm Fresh Foods
This weekend I decided that I would try to get all my fresh fruits & veggies from the farmers market, for two reasons. One, I like to support the local farmers if possible and two, I want to try to eat seasonal fruits & veggies. I figure this way I can mix it up through my journey so I don't get tired of eating the same old veggies all the time, that being said I will of course always get my faves like, tomato's, avocado's, spring mix lettuce, asparagus ... mmmm, I think I'm craving a salad now. I know of one or two local farmers markets but seeing as I drive all over Long Beach & South Bay areas I thought why not see where else I could go if needed. Lucky me, I found some along my driving route on multiple days so now there is no excuse! I'm looking forward to what new fruit or veggie I might find at each market ...like today at one of the veggie stands the local farmer threw in green garlic, I had never heard of it but boy did it smell wonderful. What will I find next!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment